YouTube Smart Offline
Terms and Conditions
1. The YouTube Smart offline service allows Vodacom customers to schedule their videos to save offline (Between 00:00 and 05:00)
2. The YouTube Smart Offline service is available for all Vodacom Prepaid, Top up and Post-paid customers
3. The YouTube Smart Offline service can only be accessed via the YouTube mobile Application on Android devices
4. Data charges will apply for downloading of the YouTube mobile Application
5. Customers accessing the YouTube Smart Offline service will be charged for data consumed using the service, Night Owl data bundles are available at discounted rates.
6. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, or any Wi-Fi connection, the YouTube smart offline interface will not appear
7. The customer can schedule, multiple videos to be saved offline, the customer must ensure that they have sufficient data available
8. Videos can be played offline for up to 48 hours. After that, you'll need to reconnect your device to a mobile or Wi-Fi network every 48 hours to allow the app to check for changes to the video or its availability.
9. To ensure the best user experience, customers should ensure that their device is sufficiently charged and they have sufficient data to save video offline, to avoid out of bundle charges.
10. Please ensure you have updated to the latest version of YouTube app.
11. IOS and Windows YouTube applications are not supported. The YouTube Smart Offline service is only available to Android smartphones.
12. Some videos will not be available to save offline.
13. Top up and Post-paid customers who are soft locked, hard-locked or blacklisted will not be able to access the YouTube Smart offline service
Find out more about Night owl data bundles here (hyperlink)
Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse where non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating body ICASA are being used on the Vodacom network.
Vodacom may amend these Terms & Conditions by giving you reasonable notice of any such amendment.