1. Customer Membership
• Only South African Vodacom Prepaid customers are eligible to participate in the Talking Points programme.
• Customers are not required to register for the programme to earn points when recharging.
• Customers are required to register when redeeming for a device (See 5.4)
Talking Points is a free loyalty programme for Vodacom Prepaid customers. There is no charge or membership fee to earn Talking Points; just recharge and begin earning points for every R10 recharged.
3. Earning points
Points will be earned on the following:
• Vodacom prepaid recharges
• Data bundle voucher purchases
• SMS bundle voucher purchases
These points will automatically be earned. Customers do not have to register to earn points. Points will be earned automatically upon a successful recharge or eligible purchase.
1 point will be earned for every R10 recharged. These points will be calculated by dividing the recharge amount by 10 where after the amount will be rounded to the nearest whole number. For example:
• R10 or R12 recharge earns 1 point
• R29 recharge earns 3 points
• R55 recharge earns 6 points
• R49 SMS bundle voucher earns 5 points
Customers will be advised of the number of points earned for each recharge via SMS
3.1 No points will be earned;
• For airtime acquired as part of a Starter Pack, e.g. the R25 included in a 4U Starter Pack and the R29 included in a Power Starter Pack,
• On Prepaid Passport and Incomer voucher purchases,
• For airtime received as part of the Vodacom Millionaires programme,
• For airtime acquired via the Airtime Transfer Service,
• For airtime bought for the purpose of reselling by resellers of airtime, however the purchasing customer will receive points on the recharge and
• For airtime received from promotions such as registering for RICA or recharge campaigns, etc.
• For recharges on Top-Up contracts
• Vodacom reserves the right to change the products and services on which points can be earned as well as the value of points earned on each.
4. Expiry of Points
Points will accumulate for a period of 18 months. Points that are older than 18 months that have not been redeemed for rewards will be forfeited and no compensation will be given by Vodacom. Vodacom will endeavour to make available the customer account information and the expiry of points via our various channels (below). It however remains the customers’ responsibility to know the status of their membership, points to be expired and respective account balances.
Any bonus points allocated to a customer will be expired on a campaign basis and at the discretion of Vodacom.
5. Exchanging Points for Rewards
Points can be exchanged for bundles, devices and other rewards which may be on offer. Each reward will be assigned a value of points which a customer requires in order to receive the reward. A customer may redeem their points on the various available channels mentioned below.
If a customer, who exchanges points for an SMS bundle, already has an SMS bundle loaded on their prepaid account, the new bundle of SMSs will be added to the existing bundle and the validity period extended by 90 days.
If a customer who exchanges points for a Data bundle, already has a Data bundle loaded on his prepaid account, the new Data bundle will be added to the existing Data bundle balance but the validity period for the old Data bundle will not be extended e.g. if you redeem a 100MB Data bundle on 10 November, it will be valid until 31 December. If you redeem 250MB Data bundle on 15 December, it will expire on 31 January.
• Vodacom shall be entitled, in their entire discretion, to reject any exchange request.
• Vodacom may refuse to award any of the rewards if any irregularities or fraudulent activities are detected.
• Vodacom reserves the right to change the number of points required for exchange of products or services.
• Vodacom will not be liable for taxes or any other cost incurred by the participants in claiming any reward.
5.1 SMS Bundle Rewards
• SMSs can be used for National SMSs only
• Premium rated and International SMSs excluded
• Free SMSs can be used for the applicable period
• Customers will receive a reminder within 14 days prior to the expiry of the SMS bundle.
If a customer already has a Talking Points free SMS bundle on their prepaid account and exchange points for another Talking Points free SMS bundle, the new bundle of SMSs will be added to the existing bundle.
5.2 MMS Bundle Rewards
• MMSs can be used for National MMSs only
• Premium rated and International MMSs are excluded
• Free MMSs can be used over a 90-day period.
• Customers will receive a reminder within 14 days prior to the expiry of the MMS bundle. If a customer already have a Talking Points free MMS bundle on their prepaid account and exchange points for another Talking Points free MMS bundle, the new bundle of MMSs will be added to the existing bundle, and the expiry date will be extended to 90 days from the activation of the last bundle.
5.3 Data Bundle Rewards
• Free data bundles are valid until the last calendar day of the next month, e.g. if you redeem a 100MB data bundle on 10 November it will be valid until 31 December. Any unused data not used by 31 December will expire.
• Customers will receive a reminder within 14 days prior to the expiry of the free data bundle. If a customer already has a Talking Points free data bundle on their prepaid account and exchange points for another Talking Points free data bundle, the new data bundle will be added to the existing bundle. The validity period for the data bundle is not extended e.g. if you redeem a 100MB data bundle on 10 November, it will be valid until 31 December. If you redeem 250MB data bundle on 15 December, it will expire on 31 January.
5.4 Device Rewards
• For a Talking Points price list of devices that can be exchanged for points visit a participating Vodacom outlet
• Handset redemptions will be done based on price and points allocated at time of redemption. Prices and points required for handsets constantly vary
• Customers will be required to produce the following documents in order to redeem for a handsets:
• South African I.D or Passport
• Proof of residence
• Cell Phone number
• Should Vodacom be out of stock for a particular handset, a customer may choose an alternative handset for the same points value. Alternatively they may be requoted when such stock arrives
• All customers who participate in this programme agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• Customers who change from one prepaid price plan to another e.g. from Power Bonus to Anytime per Second will retain their points; however, customers who convert to a Contract or uChoose / Top Up tariff package e.g. Smart S or Family Top Up will forfeit all accumulated points. No compensation will be given by Vodacom.
• Points will be earned on the cellphone number which the recharge airtime was loaded onto.
• Talking Points are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Cellphone numbers used in Vodacom community service phones are excluded from the Talking Points programme.
• Vodacom customers making use of one of the uChoose / Top Up tariff packages e.g. uChoose Flexi 55, uChoose Smart S etc are not permitted to participate in the Talking Points Programme.
• Vodacom reserves the right to make changes to the programme as it sees necessary and will provide reasonable notice of any material changes
• Vodacom shall have the right to terminate the programme on reasonable prior notice. In such event the participants will be required to redeem their points within the termination period stipulated by Vodacom.
• Vodacom shall not be liable to you for any breach of these terms and conditions or failure on Vodacom’s part to perform any obligations as a result of technical problems relating to the Network, termination of any licence to operate or use the Network, act of God, government control, restrictions or prohibitions or other government act or omission, whether local or national, act of default of any supplier, agent or sub-contractor, industrial disputes or any other cause beyond the control of Vodacom.
|082 241 1082||Y||Y||-||Y|