- 1.1. Whilst every effort has been made by Vodacom (Pty) Ltd ("Vodacom"), and its suppliers of information, to ensure that children and sensitive viewers are protected from accessing adult content, Vodacom, its affiliated companies, suppliers, or any of their employees, do not guarantee the availability of services
- and we make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, and assume no liability or responsibility for the proper performance of these access control measures and access is thus at your own risk.
- 1.2 In particular we make no warranty that the access controls will meet your requirements, be secured or error free.
You indemnify and holds us harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, suites, proceedings, costs, demands and damages of all and every kind, (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), and whether in an action based on contract, negligence or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the failure or delay in the performance of the access control measures, whether due to our negligence or not.
3. Use Of Internet
- 3.1. You may only access the internet for lawful purposes and you warrant that you shall not:
- 3.1.1 use Vodacom's Network to receive or transmit material which is in violation of any law or regulation, which is obscene, threatening, racist, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property rights, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful;
- 3.1.2 use Vodacom's Network for the transmission of "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass distribution of SMS.
We reserve the right to alter and revise these terms and conditions at any time. Such changes will be deemed to have been accepted by you if each time you access the internet. The obligation therefore is on you to review these terms and conditions at regular intervals.
- 5.1. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and you shall submit to the jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
- 5.2 These terms and conditions are severable, in that if any provision is determined to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be deemed to have been deleted without affecting the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions.
- 5.3 Our failure to exercise any particular rights or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
- 5.4 These terms and conditions, as varied by us from time to time pursuant to clause 4, above constitute the sole agreement between yourself and ourselves.
- 5.5 These terms and conditions shall be for the benefit of Vodacom and may be waived by us in our discretion.