Video Time Bundles
Terms and Conditions
1. Video Time Bundles are data bundles converted to time for usage on the Video Play platform.
2. Once-Off Video Play Video Time bundles are available for purchase by Vodacom customers to use when consuming content on the Vodacom Video Play.
3. Video Play Video Time offerings will be available on a once off basis and will not automatically re-allocate.
4. Customers can purchase an unlimited number of Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles for use when consuming content on Vodacom Video Play.
5. All Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles will have a validity period of 30 days and will expire at 23:59 on the indicated day, from and including the day of purchase; consecutively. In the event that you purchase multiple Once-Off Video Play Video Time bundles, the bundles will not expire independently. The validity of the latest Once-Off Video Play Video Time bundle bought will be applicable for all bundles.
6. Video Time Bundles can be purchased on the Video Play App.
7. Video Time bundles are available at a per minute rate. All the prices of the Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles include VAT.
8. Customers can configure their bundle size in per minute increments. For example, you may choose the size of your Video Play Video Time bundle in minute conventions.
9. Should the subscriber deplete their Video Time offering prior to the expiry date, further usage will be charged in accordance to the subscriber’s existing tariff or depleted from any other valid/available data bundle.
10. Video Play customers who purchase a Once-Off Video Time Bundles will receive bundle usage in-app notifications pertaining to the specific Once-Off Video Play Video Time bundle purchased.
11. Once-Off Video Time Bundles do not have an out-of-bundle rate. If the allocated Once-Off Video Time bundle is depleted data usage will revert to other available data bundles and if there are none, data will be consumed at a per MB rate at the existing applicable Prepaid or Post-paid out of bundle rate.
12. Video Time bundles will be the first Paid for bundles to be depleted in ascending validity order. Order of consumption for bundles will be as follows: 1. Video Play Asset plus Data 2. Video Play Video Time bundle 3. Video Play URL bundle 4. MBB data bundles 5. Airtime (prepaid/uChoose)/Out of bundle consumption (postpaid).
13. Video Play Video Time bundles will only be available for consumption on devices connected to the Vodacom Network.
14. Video Play Video Time bundles unique user identifier for purchase and consumption is the users Vodacom cellphone number linked to their Video Play account and not a physical sim.
15. The channels in which customers can check their Video Play Video Time balances are the Video Play App Video bundle balance view.
16. The purchase of all Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles will be deducted from the subscribers’ rechargeable airtime for Prepaid and uChoose subscribers.
17. The purchase of all Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles will be added onto the subscriber's monthly bill for post-paid subscribers.
18. Any unused Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles that expire at the end of the validity period will be forfeited and cannot be claimed back by the subscriber. No carry over rules apply.
19. Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles will deplete on content consumption usage on the Video Play app service for streaming or downloading content.
20. Subscribers bundles will be depleted in accordance to the subscriber’s time usage in stream and download with regrading to playback length and not the volume of data sent and received while connected.
21. When a Video Time bundle is used to stream content, the bundle will be depleted according to the user’s actual contents playback length time. This includes additional time incurred when the user forwards or rewinds the asset (i.e. a user attempts to stream a 116-minute movie but rewinds the asset 5 min to re-watch a section therefore the total time depleted from the users active Video Time bundle is 121 minutes).
22. When a Video Time bundle is used to download content, the bundle will deplete according to the play time length of the asset (i.e. a 116-minute length movie will deplete 116 minutes of an active Video Time bundle). Note: the time it takes to download the asset it irrelevant.
23. Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles will not be depleted for data usage on browsing or video previews on Video Play.
24. Should the subscriber select/click on a link that directs them away from Video Play specific stream or download, usage will be billed in accordance to the subscriber’s tariff or depleted from any other valid/available data bundle.
25. Video Play Video Time bundles will only be applicable to standard definition videos (SD) for Video Play.
26. When a Prepaid or Postpaid subscriber that has a Once-Off Video Play Video Time bundle associated to their Video Play account migrates to a different price plan or contract time, their Video Time bundle will be maintained through their migration or upgrade.
27. The Once-Off Video Play Video Time Bundles do not apply to data roaming.