Siyakha zero-rated sites
Terms and Conditions
1. All Vodacom customers using Vodacom SIM cards; on prepaid, post-paid, hybrid and data plans get free access to selected career websites, provided that they access these sites from the Vodacom Siyakha portal.
2. The Vodacom Siyakha portal will be applicable to all major mobile browsers.
3. No data charges will apply to customers accessing the zero-rated websites on a device that has a Vodacom SIM card.
4. Should the customer select/click on a link that directs them away from the specific URL(s) [embedded web link], that usage will billed in accordance to the subscriber’s price plan or depleted from any other valid/available data bundle.
5. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a Vodacom WiFi network, the data usage on the zero-rated websites will be at no cost.
6. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a non-Vodacom WiFi network, the data usage on zero-rated websites should be charged to the WiFi hotspot.
7. Vodacom customers will also be able to upload and download files to/from the zero-rated websites at no charge, until the fair usage policy of 1GB per month is reached.
8. A fair usage policy of 1GB per month per user applies.
9. Telemetry (M2M etc.) SIM cards are excluded from this benefit.
10. Vodacom will not be held responsible for any interaction that takes place between customers and the participating websites. Vodacom’s role is limited to providing access.
11. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse where non-compliant devices (as specified by the regulating body, ICASA) are being used on the Vodacom network.
12. Vodacom may amend these Terms and Conditions by giving customers reasonable notice of any such amendment.
Siyakha Price Plan & Rates
1. The Siyakha price plan is available to Vodacom Prepaid customers through the Siyakha *188# or *135*88# USSD strings or through Free
Change via existing channels (*135*01# USSD, 1181 IVR, , Vodacom App, Mobi or Portal).
2. This price plan will not be available to Contract, Top Up/uChoose, Community Service and CST Management SIMs.
3. When you register for Siyakha price plan you are required to provide your South African ID number that will be verified against the Home
4. Customers who do not have a South African ID number can use the Siyakha price plan without completing the registration process, but will
not be eligible for Siyakha Funeral Cover or other Siyakha offers.
5. Customers can only register once for Siyakha using one MSISDN.
6. If Free Changing from Power Bonus price plan to Siyakha price plan, your Extra Airtime balance will carry over.
7. Siyakha price plan rates are as follows (incl. VAT):
i. Calls to any SA network: R1.53 per minute (billed per second)
ii. Out of bundle data: R0.99 per MB
iii. SMS: 52c per SMS
iv. International SMS: R1.74 per 160 characters
v. Call Sponsored calls will be billed at R 1.50 per minute (billed per second).
8. The following call types will not qualify for the rate:
i. Roaming Calls
ii. International calls
iii. Premium rated calls
iv. SMS, MMS, Data, SVS
v. VAS calls
vi. Fax Out dial
9. When recharging with airtime vouchers or purchasing data or SMS vouchers on the Siyakha price plan you will earn Talking Points.
10. When recharging with R12 or more on the Siyakha price plan you will receive the Night Shift promotional benefit.
11. When you have Siyakha Extra Airtime it will deplete first, followed by any active bundles, and then airtime, billed at the specified Siyakha
price plan rates.
Siyakha Extra Airtime Rules
1. On the Siyakha Price Plan you will earn Siyakha Extra Airtime at 50% of the recharge value, expiring at 23:59 on the day of allocation.
2. Every recharge performed (excluding the Big Bonus voucher and the Passport voucher) will qualify for 50% Siyakha Extra Airtime allocation.
3. Siyakha Extra Airtime balances will be available in the Promotional Balances menu on USSD, and in Portal, Mobi and My Vodacom App.
4. Use of the Siyakha Extra Airtime is billed at the following rates (incl. VAT):
i. Calls to any SA network: R1.50 per minute (billed per second)
ii. Data: R1.50 per MB
iii. SMS: 50c per SMS
5. You cannot use Siyakha Extra Airtime for the following activities:
i. Roaming calls
ii. International calls
iii. Premium rated calls & SMSs
iv. VAS calls
v. Fax outdial
vi. Call Sponsor
vii. Video calls (off-net and on-net)
viii. Conference calls
ix. Directory enquiry calls
x. Call forwarding
xi. Phase 2 USSD
xii. Data/SMS/MMS/voice/promotional bundles (once-off and recurring)
xiii. WASP/Content and premium rated services
xv. Airtime Transfer
xvi. To repay Airtime Advance debt (including R1 service fee)
xvii. For Call Sponsored calls
6. Talking Points are allocated for the original recharge amount but not for any subsequent Siyakha Extra Airtime allocation.
7. Talking Points call discounts do not apply while using Siyakha Extra Airtime.
8. Siyakha Extra Airtime will be forfeited when Free Changing to any price plan other than Power Bonus price plan.
9. Siyakha Extra Airtime will be forfeited when converting your payment method to Top Up/uChoose or Contract.
Siyakha Funeral Cover Eligibility
1. Only registered Siyakha price plan customers who are South African citizens between the age of 18 and 60 are eligible for a Siyakha Funeral
2. Siyakha Funeral Cover applies to an individual life only.
3. You can have a Siyakha Funeral Cover policy at the same time as ‘Cover 4 You’ and ‘Cover 4 You and Your Family’, but only one of each
may be active at the same time.
4. Siyakha Funeral Cover customers cannot access the ‘Cover 4 You’ and ‘Cover 4 You and Your Family’ menu at *135*187# to amend their
policy, however policy details can be viewed here.
Siyakha Funeral Cover Rules
1. These rules should be read in conjunction with the Vodacom Funeral Cover Terms and Conditions available at
2. The minimum Siyakha Funeral Cover amount is R5 000 and the maximum amount is R10 000.
3. If you are eligible (see point 1 above), your Siyakha Funeral Cover policy will initiate automatically on registration for Siyakha.
4. Your policy will become active from the 1st day of the next month after policy initiation.
5. Your Siyakha Funeral Cover policy starts at R0 cover in the activation month.
6. To keep your policy active and growing, your SIM card must stay connected on the Vodacom network for a minimum of 30 days in the
previous month. This means that your SIM card must be in the phone, the phone must be switched on and you must make or receive a call,
send or receive an SMS or Please Call Me or use data or USSD, but it excludes voicemail calls or call forwarding through the SIM card.
7. Once you have qualified for cover (ie. been active for 30 days in the previous month), the cover amount will be set to R5 000 and a standard
3 month waiting period will start.
8. During the waiting period, only accidental death will be covered.
9. The cover amount for each active month is calculated by adding the previous month’s recharges (excluding Airtime Transfer and Airtime
Advance) to the current cover amount, up to a value of R10 000.
10. When your cover amount reaches R10 000 it will remain at that amount and will not accumulate further.
11. If you do not meet the minimum active days in the previous month, your cover amount will not change for the new month, regardless of your
12. If you do not meet the minimum active days for a second consecutive month, your cover will be reset to R0, and the waiting period will reset
to 3 months.
13. Vodacom will send you frequent messages by SMS to help you retain your funeral cover benefits.
14. How to Claim - Should you die, your beneficiary will need to call us on 082 178 00 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll tell
what documents they’ll need to give us so we can settle the claim quickly.
a. Important Claim Time Limits - We need to be informed of your death within 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days of it happening. If we’re
not informed in time by your beneficiary or estate, the claim could be declined.
b. Disputed Claims - We allow 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days from the date of the communication of our decision for your beneficiary or
estate to question our decision on a claim. If we still decline the claim, and they want to start a legal process, they’ll have an additional 90
(ninety) days to do so.
15. Complaints - We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or your policy, please contact
us using the following:
a. First stop……is to give us a chance to resolve the matter. To ensure our focused attention, please use the following contact details:
PO Box 3034
Call: 082 178 00
Fax: +27 21 465 3920
b. Then if complaints about our service don’t get resolved to your satisfaction, we’re accountable to the FAIS Ombud. The contact details are
Office of the FAIS Ombud
PO Box 74571
Call: 0860 324 766
Fax: +27 12 348 3447
c. If complaints about our products don’t get resolved to your satisfaction, we’re also accountable to the Long-Term Insurance Ombud. The
contact details are as follows:
Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance
Private Bag x45
Call: 0860 103 236
Fax: +27 21 674 0951
16. Your policy is underwritten by Vodacom Life Assurance company (RF) Limited and administered by Frank Financial Services (Pty) Ltd, an
authorised financial services provider. Should you purchase this policy, your personal details will be passed to our appointed administrator
and other partners to process and service this policy.