Vodacom “Zando Zero-Rating” Social Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “Zando Zero-Rating” Social Competition” (the “Competition”) on the Vodacom Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom subscribers, 18 years and older, residing in South Africa during the term of the Competition. The Competition is open from 00:01 on 04 June 2018 to 23:59 on 10 June 2018 (the “End Date”).
2. One (1) lucky entrant will stand a chance of winning a R1000 (One Thousand Rand) Zando shopping voucher . The voucher is valid for 3 years, from 11th June 2018 – 10th June 2021 and is redeemable on Zando, it is repeatable till balance expires across all Zando platforms
3. To enter, qualifying entrants must:
3.1. Comment on one of Vodacom’s Zando Zero-Rated competition posts on either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter;
3.2. Include a short explanation on how they will benefit from Vodacom Zero-Rating the Zando app and mobisite;
3.3. Include the hashtags #Vodacom and #ZandoZeroRated;
4. Participants are not allowed to enter multiple times.
5. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older qualify. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
6. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
7. The winner will be selected within five (5) working days after the End Date from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified within five (5) working days that they have been selected and verified as the winner via the social media channel they entered on. Vodacom will attempt to contact the winner for a period of five (5) working days after he / she has been selected; after which the winner will forfeit the prize and Vodacom will draw another winner.
8. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
9. In the event that the user of the social media account (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that registered the account, then the prize will be awarded to the person that registered the account (i.e. the person who’s name the account is registered in).
10. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner via the contact details provided by the participant to participate in the Competition.
11. The winner will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
12. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of five (5) normal working week days after the winner’s name has been randomly drawn and verified via the social media channel that the winner entered on.
13. Should a participant not be available during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
14. Only an entrant who is using a SIM card that has been RICA registered is eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
15. The winner must be able to identify himself / herself, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as a qualifying entrant to the Competition in order to claim the prize.
16. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
17. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vests in the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winner to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
18. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever declines the prize, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
19. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
20. The winner’s name and location will be displayed on the Vodacom website after a period of one (1) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
21. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as a winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
22. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
23. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service providers (Cerebra ) for the purpose of running the Competition.
24. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition and testimonial campaign only.
26. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address, to a Vodacom approved third party (Cerebra) for prize distribution and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
27. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
28. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
29. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
30. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
31. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prizes.
32. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
35. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
36. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
37. Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
38. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.