Terms And Conditions
1. The New Every Year (NEY) service is intended to give contract customers the ability to obtain a new handset every 12-months, as opposed to the usual 22-month upgrade cycle. The service will be charged for monthly and added to the customers’ monthly bill depending on the band selected.
2. With the New Every Year service activated, the customer will be able to upgrade in month 13 of their contract. At the time of upgrade however, the remaining balance of the existing 24-month contract will be written off, and a new 24-month contract will be entered-into.
3. The customer has until the end of the 15th month of their contract to perform their New Every Year upgrade, after which the New Every Year upgrade eligibility falls away and the customer will have to wait until the 22nd month of their contract to perform a standard upgrade. No money/s paid for the New Every Year service will be refunded in the event of the customer not upgrading within the 3 month New Every Year upgrade window. The monthly Value Added Service amount for New Every Year is payable until month 15 of the contract period, unless the customer upgrades before month 15, in which case the New Every Year Value Added Service amount will either be re-added at the customers discretion on the new deal, or cancelled if the deal selected does not include New Every Year at the time of upgrade. Should the upgrade not be executed in the 3 month upgrade window, the NEY monthly cost will automatically cancel from month 16 onwards.
4. Only customers on RED+ price plans, including RED More Data, will qualify for the New Every Year Service.
5. The New Every Year service will only apply to contracts or upgrades where an iPhone is selected as the device.
6. At the time of upgrade, the customer will need to hand their current iPhone device back at an authorised Vodacom outlet. The handset needs to switch on, and there should be no chips or cracks on the entire screen. Should the customer not have their current iPhone handset with them at the time of upgrade, and/or the device does not switch on/has a damaged screen; the New Every Year service will become null and void and the customer will not be able to upgrade. The customer will however be allowed to pay in the guaranteed trade in amount in store, in order to proceed with the New Every Year upgrade. The amount will vary per handset and will be quoted on in store.
7. The IMEI/Serial number of the iPhone handset handed back at the time of the New Every Year upgrade must match the handset from the initial contract, or upgrade. If an insurance claim was processed within the 12-month contract period, and a new device was issued as part of an insurance claim; the relevant claim documentation should be provided as proof of the claim with the new IMEI/Serial number of the iPhone handset. Should the device not match, the New Every Year upgrade service will become null and void and the customer will not be able to upgrade.
8. The New Every Year service will only be available at the time of taking out an iPhone on a new contract, or upgrading to an iPhone on an existing contract, and cannot be activated mid contract.
9. If the New Every Year service is cancelled, the customer forfeits their ability to upgrade in month 13 of their current contract period.
10. The New Every Year service will be categorized into 5 banded services each one tier priced according to the cost of the device taken out at the time of the inception of the new contract, or upgrading. The bands and their pricing will be listed in the table below:
|New Every Year Band||Handset Cover||Monthly Cost|
|New Every Year Band 1||Up to R10000||R159pm|
|New Every Year Band 2||Up to R15000||R189pm|
|New Every Year Band 3||Up to R20000||R209pm|
|New Every Year Band 4||Up to R25000||R249pm|
|New Every Year Band 5||Up to R30000||R309pm|
11. At the time of upgrade, should the customer select a deal and device with NEY that is more expensive than their current NEY band, they will be automatically moved to the new band and their monthly repayment will increase in accordance with the new band.
12. Should the customers’ account be in either hard/soft lock status at the time of upgrade, or if a monthly payment has been missed, they will not be able to upgrade until the account is either unlocked, or the full payment is made according to the last invoice sent out by Vodacom, and this payment is reflected on the Vodacom billing systems. Customers need to pay a full 12 months of the NEY VAS in order to qualify for their early upgrade. These 12 payments need to fall within the 15 months (12 months of payment and 3 months of upgrade eligibility) after which failure to do so will result in the early upgrade becoming null and void.
13. Should the customer do an in-contract migration to another price plan that is not a RED+ or RED More Data price plan, the New Every Year service will be cancelled and the customer will lose their ability to upgrade in month 13 of that contract period. The customer will also not be eligible for any refunds for money/s collected up until that point for the New Every Year service.
14. New Every Year does not apply to existing Platinum and Onyx customers.
15. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material, Vodacom shall provide prior written notice of such change or amendment.