1. Prepaid lines activated from the 28th of August 2019 will have international roaming activated automatically.
2. International Roaming is available to all Vodacom customers once activated.
3. The default roaming plan for all customers is Vodafone World. Visit https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/roam for roaming rates.
4. All calls are billed on a per minute basis using the 60:60 billing concept.
5. No set-up or monthly charges are applicable for roaming.
6. Roaming de-activation is not required when you return to South Africa; your local plan will automatically apply.
7. Premium rates will be charged for calls to satellites and special services. Receiving and making calls while on a satellite network will incur higher charges than the standard rates.
8. Bundles offerings such as minutes, SMS, data or promotional tariffs do not apply to any of the international roaming offerings.
9. For Vodacom contract customers, all charges accumulated while roaming will be debited from your Vodacom account. Please remember that it may take up to 3 months for Vodacom to receive details on your roam usage.
10. Activation of international roaming will take place within 24 hours of the request.
11. We recommend that contract customers activate roaming at least 7 days before departure in the event that supporting documentation is required. Always confirm that your international roaming activation documents have been received by the business.
12. For contract customer, business may require a deposit prior to activating the international roaming service on your account, which will be credited to your account approximately 3 months after your return.
13. International roaming is more expensive compared to your local Vodacom tariff plan. Please ensure that you select and appropriate roaming option according to your needs. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the relevant charges before activating the service.
14. You will be charged for incoming and outgoing calls while roaming.
15. You will not be charged for receiving an SMS while roaming. This includes all private messages, notifications and alerts from Vodacom.
16. While roaming, your mobile device may automatically select a different foreign network depending on the network coverage conditions and this could impact the rates you are charged. For lower rates always ensure that you are roaming on an appropriate Vodacom or Vodafone partner network.
17. If you have selected to divert your calls to another number while roaming, you will be charged for both incoming and outgoing call (the divert) to the other number.
18. If you have selected to divert your calls to voicemail, you will be charged for both the incoming call to your mailbox and the outgoing call you will make to retrieve the voice message wile roaming.
19. If you have the Twin call service activated, please ensure that your second cellphone remains switched off for the roaming service to function correctly.
20. Calls that are normally free in South Africa, such as 1082, 121, are not free while roaming and are billed at the applicable roaming rate as calls made back to South Africa.
21. While roaming, calling Vodacom’s dedicated Customer Centre (+2782135) will be free.
22. The use of the short codes such as 111 and 121 will work subject to technical availability on networks. Please add +2782 to the short codes to complete your calls.
23. Networks have varying services available. There will be networks with no data services and there will be networks with varying data speeds.
24. Not all roaming data services available to Vodacom contract customers will be available to Top Up and Prepaid customers.
25. USSD usage is charged at 20c/20sec
26. Vodacom will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from information displayed on the website.
27. If you have barred incoming SMS on your phone, you will not receive the Vodacom notifications.
28. While Vodacom makes every effort to ensure that customers receive the SMS notifications, it cannot be held liable for SMS not received.
29. All rates are VAT inclusive.
1. Data roaming is available on selected networks worldwide.
2. Prepaid and Top Up customers must follow the link https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/services/convenience-and-security/calling/vodafone-world to confirm which roaming networks have roaming data services available for prepaid and top up customers.
3. Data usage is billed in increments of 10 KB
4. Data roaming is charged at the applicable Vodafone World rates per country.
5. Vodafone live! access is not zero rated when roaming and is billed as normal data usage.
6. Blackberry usage will be billed as normal data usage when roaming.
7. If you are connected to a website/application while roaming, you may incur data charges even if no content is purchased or downloaded. This is due to small amounts of data being transmitted every few seconds by the website/application (e.g. website refreshing, banner ads being pushed in the background, etc.). Please ensure that you close all unused applications while roaming. Vodacom accepts no liability for any unintentional data downloads your device may make
8. Vodacom Travel bundle is currently not available for Prepaid and Top Up customers.
9. We want you to stay in control of your data roaming spend when you’re abroad – so we will offer an SMS alert system at every R2000 increment. You don’t have to do anything – we will text you for free.
10. While Vodacom makes every effort to ensure that customers receive the SMS notifications, it cannot be held liable for SMSes not received.
1. SMS roamer is available to all Vodacom Contract, Top Up and Prepaid Customers.
2. Once the SMS Roamer service has been activated, all other services will be disabled, such as voice, MMS, access to the Internet from your cellphone, fax services and others. You will only be able to use SMS to communicate.
3. All call forwarding services will be cancelled once SMS roamer has been activated.
4. All incoming calls will be diverted to your Voicemail service. It is your responsibility so ensure that your voicemail service is setup and active.
5. If you're using Vodacom's Twincall service, the secondary SIM will also automatically be activated/deactivated with the SMS Roamer service.
6. All SMSs sent while using SMS Roamer will be charged at the applicable Vodafone World Zone rate.
7. SMS Roamer is only available to Vodacom customers who have activated this service.
Vodacom Travel bundle
1. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service is currently only available to Vodacom Contract customers with roaming activated.
2. Customers must opt-in for the service. It is only required once - there is no need to opt-in for each day abroad or each time customers travel abroad.
3. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle is applicable only when roaming on the participating 20 countries: Albania, Czech Republic, DRC, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lesotho, Malta, Mozambique, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Kenya, Spain, Tanzania, Turkey, United Kingdom.
4. In order to qualify for the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle, you must ensure that you are roaming in a qualifying country that is listed as a Vodacom Travel Data Bundle country.
5. All networks in the qualifying countries will be included in the bundle allocation with the exclusion of Malta Maritime services which is a satellite network and standard roaming rates will apply.
6. Selected customers with the basic roaming service already activated can opt-in to the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle offer via:
o USSD *111*130#
7. Customers can opt-out Vodacom Travel Data Bundle offer via:
o USSD *111*130# option 3
o Service Providers
o Vodacom Online Portal/Mobi site
o Calling Customer Care
8. Upon activation of the service, the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service will remain the customers default roaming option when they travel in the qualifying countries until it is de-activated.
9. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle is eligible for use daily per calendar day. A calendar day is defined as 12 Midnight South African time to 12 Midnight South African time.
10. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service has a daily fee of R100 that is only charged on days that a customer is roaming on the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle qualifying countries and making use of any roaming service i.e. data usage (days with no roaming event will not be charged a subscription fee).
11. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle allowance is 50 Megabytes of data per day.
12. The Travel Bundle service is only triggered and allocated when the customer uses data. The bundle expires daily at 12 midnight South African time. It will then require a new event to trigger a new bundle the next day.
13. Out of bundle rates apply of R4/MB when the bundle allocation of each service is depleted. A bundle will be allocated the next day only when an event is triggered.
14. If a customer is on a session that continues over the expiry time, 12 Midnight SA time, the next bundle will only allocate after he ends his session and triggers a new event. A bundle will not allocate during the session. If he is in-bundle the session will deduct from his current session if he is out-of bundle, the out-of-bundle rates will apply until he ends the session.
15. If a customer is not roaming on a participating Vodacom Travel Data Bundle country, the applicable Vodafone World Zone Rates for data will apply. www.vodacom.co.za/roam
16. When the customer de-activates Vodacom Travel Data Bundle, they will not qualify for the rates even if they are roaming in a Vodacom Travel Data Bundle country, Vodafone World Zone Rates will apply.
17. When a subscriber has opted for the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle and is roaming on an Africa Roaming network, the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service will apply.
18. While roaming on any participating Vodacom Travel Data Bundle country, calling Vodacom’s dedicated Customer Contact Centre (111/+2782111) will be free. (It is not an event that will trigger the daily subscription fee).
19. Customers may not have SMS roamer or Vodacom Travel Saver active simultaneously with the Travel Bundle. They are allowed to move to SMS roamer or Vodacom Travel Saver when they opt out on the bundle service.
20. Customers may have Vodafone World and Vodacom Travel Data Bundle active simultaneously however the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle will apply when roaming in the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle qualifying footprint, Vodafone World rates apply when customer is not roaming in the Travel Bundle qualifying footprint.
21. If the customer has triggered an event and used Travel Bundle but opts out of the service before expiry, the new offering that has been activated will apply only from the next day, 12 midnight SA time.
22. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle fee will be billed on South African dates and times.
23. Vodacom Travel Data Bundle deductions exclude home tariff bundled minutes, tariff promotions. Public holidays and off-peak rates do not apply.
24. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service is only available for personal use, non-commercial purposes.
25. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service is non-transferrable
26. The Vodacom Travel Data Bundle service is non-refundable
27. The unitization for the Vodacom Travel Data Bundle offer will remain the same as the existing Vodafone World unitization (10kB increments for data).
28. All rates are VAT inclusive.
29. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to modify, enhance, or change the rates, allocations and destinations at any time and upon giving the consumer a 7 days prior notice.
If you’ve barred incoming texts on your phone, you won’t receive any notifications.
While Vodacom makes every effort to ensure that customers receive the SMS notifications, it cannot be held liable for SMS not received.