Hisense South Africa Warranty
Thank you for the purchase of a Hisense product.
The following conditions apply to the warranty on your Hisense product, which replaces any other conditions printed or published elsewhere. Please read through the conditions carefully and make sure you understand them. If you have any questions regarding the warranty, please make contact with us on 0860 447 3673 or send us an email on email@example.com.
Major Household Appliances include products such as Tv, Fridge and Freezers, Washing Machines, Built in and freestanding ovens and stoves (excl. mini ovens) etc.
Conditions of your Warranty:
From January 2014, Hisense warrants the product against faulty manufacture and / or defective material and the working of your product for 36 months (3 years) from the date of purchase, provided it is used for its intention and for domestic use only. A further 12 months warranty can be obtained (4th year warranty) if the consumer has registered their warranty successfully with Hisense South Africa within the first 6 months of date of purchase. Please visit us on www.hisense.co.za for product registration or SMS the word HICARE to 48868 and you will receive a link to our mobi site with easy to follow instructions to complete registration. Bar fridges, mini ovens, free standing stoves, sound bars and microwaves carry a 2 year warranty – please refer to our latest Small Appliances warranty conditions. Units that are supplied through rental channels carry a 2 year warranty only, please consult with these channels or Hisense South Africa regarding the warranty period and conditions. The warranty does not apply to Hisense air conditioners, please contact our agents / original retailer or distributor for warranty conditions for air conditioners. NOTE: The 4 year warranty does not apply to all dealers, please refer back to the dealer or distributor where the unit was purchased from for the correct warranty period and conditions or contact Hisense South Africa. For warranty conditions, period and queries in any other country, outside South Africa, please consult the in country local Distributor.
1. For product purchased before January 2014, we warrant the working of the unit for a minimum of 12 months (1 year), but may vary from retailer to retailer. Please consult with the original dealer the unit was purchased from to confirm the warranty period or contact us if you unsure regarding your warranty on firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Hisense bar fridges, microwaves and mini-ovens, are not repaired. Kindly return it with the original proof of purchase to the store is was bought from, within the warranty period from date of purchase. It may be required to log a service call for inspection and verification for the reported fault.
3. Hisense is in support of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, and in the first 6 (six) months from date of purchase, for valid warranty claims, the product will may be repaired or exchanged by the Hisense, or credited by the dealer / store once approved by Hisense. For the remainder of the warranty period (after the first 6 (six) months from date of purchase) the product may be repaired or exchanged by Hisense, or be requested to be credited or exchanged by the store or dealer where original purchase was made, on approval from Hisense. It may be required to log a service call for inspection and verification for the reported fault.
4. The above warranty conditions is only applicable for South Africa. For Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland, a 2 year warranty applies for repair within the 2 year warranty period, and exchange or credit can only take place on approval from Hisense. The Customer Protection Act does not apply to countries outside South Africa as mentioned elsewhere is the warranty conditions. For warranty conditions, period and queries in any other country, outside South Africa, please consult the in country local Distributor.
5. The warranty on the product is supplied on condition that only Hisense authorised service agents are at all times used in connection with the product for any repairs or inspections where applicable.
6. Any repairs conducted on the Hisense products by Hisense authorised service agents, will carry a 3 month warranty on the labour and parts for the completed repair, from the date the repair was completed and does not
extend the warranty nor does it start a new warranty. Parts removed during warranty repairs become the property of Hisense.
7. The warranty will no longer be valid, and Hisense will not be responsible for damage or injury of any kind resulting from electricity fluctuations and surges, lightning strikes, faults in the building wiring, faulty installations, and improper use of controls and or failure to use the product in accordance with the operating instructions and or general misuse and or abuse, or if not used for domestic purposes only, or for damage caused by a superior force (vis maior). Where the product has been infested with insects or pests. The product is physically damaged after it left the store. If water or liquid caused the damage to the product. If the warrantee seal is tampered with. Any repair or tampering by an unauthorised person or attempt to repair or tamper with the equipment, or use of parts not supplied by authorised agents, or alterations or modification to the equipment, shall render the warranty null and void
8. After the first 6 (six) months from the date of purchase, this warranty does not apply to any accessories or to light bulbs, loose glass, glass doors and enamelled surfaces, filters, handles, doors, crispers or shelves, tv stands or brackets, remotes, 3D glasses, any accessories and other parts subject to wear and tear or discolouring. Damage caused by abrasive and highly concentrated cleaners and/or cleaning materials or cleaners prohibited by the user manual, will void the warranty.
9. After 6 (six) months from the date of purchase of the product the liability of Hisense under this warranty is limited to the replacement and/or repair of the defective parts within the warranty period and does not extend to the installation or removal of the product.
The warranty shall be available only to the original purchaser of the product from an authorised Hisense Dealer or Distributor and only where the product has been retained for use in the Republic of South Africa. For warranty conditions, period and queries in any other country, outside South Africa, please consult the in country local Distributor.
10. Important note: In order to make sure you get to use the warranty supplied with your product and for the protection of your product when returning it, please keep the box your product came in as well as the packaging and all accessories and ensure to retain the original proof of purchase.