Funeral Cover T&Cs
About this Vodacom Funeral Cover offering
This benefit’s simple. In the event of your death, we’ll pay out your Funeral Cover benefit either to your beneficiary or to your estate. To verify the exact amount that you qualify for please call our call centre on 082 178 00. The funeral benefit is valid from the date of the confirmation SMS that will be sent to you on activation of this benefit.
About the cost of the benefit
Vodacom has negotiated a group life policy with Vodacom Life Assurance Company. We’ll pay the monthly premium on your behalf as part of the 24-month Vodacom deal purchased. You will receive the Vodacom Funeral Cover at no additional cost to yourself.
About the requirements to qualify for the benefit
• Not all 24-month Vodacom contracts include the Vodacom Funeral Cover. You will only enjoy this benefit if you have selected a Vodacom contract which has this benefit included.
• This funeral cover only covers the primary contract holder for the registered Cell number. This benefit does not extend to any additional lines linked to the contract.
• You must have a valid South African Identity Document and must be between 18 and 60 to be eligible for cover
• In the event that you do have a Vodacom contract that includes the Vodacom Funeral Cover, your policy is activated once your 24-month Vodacom contract is activated on the network and you’ve registered for RICA.
• We will not pay out if your death is a result of suicide, deliberate involvement in an illegal act, riot, civil commotion, terrorist attack, or war.
Adding a beneficiary
The Vodacom Funeral Cover will pay out into your estate unless you provide us with details of your beneficiary. If you wish to set up or change these details, please call Vodacom Life Assurance on 082 178 00.
Questions you may have
If you have any questions on this Vodacom Funeral Cover, call us on 082 178 00. You can also visit us at www.vodacom.co.za/insurance for any other information you may need.
Claiming or complaining
Should you die, your beneficiary will need to call us on 082 178 00 or e-mail us at email@example.com. We’ll tell them what documents they’ll need to give us so we can settle the claim quickly.
Important claim time limits
We need to be informed of your death within 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days of it happening. If we’re not informed in time by your beneficiary or estate, the claim could be declined. There is a 3-month claim waiting period. However, if your death is as a result of an accident, we will pay out within the first 3 months of the contract.
We allow 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days from the date of the communication of our decision for your beneficiary or estate to question our decision on a claim. If we still decline the claim, and they want to start a legal process, they’ll have an additional 90 (ninety) days to do so.
For complaints and compliance
We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, please contact us using the following:
…is to give us a chance to resolve the matter. To ensure our focused attention, please use the following contact details:
PO Box 3034
Call: 082 178 00
Fax: +27 21 465 3920
…if complaints about our service don’t get resolved to your satisfaction, we’re accountable to the FAIS Ombud. Their contact details are as follows:
Office of the FAIS Ombud
PO Box 74571
Call: 0860 324 766
Fax: +27 12 348 3447
…if complaints about our products don’t get resolved to your satisfaction, we’re also accountable to the Long-Term Insurance Ombud. Their contact details are as follows:
Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance
Private Bag x45
Call: 0860 103 236
Fax: +27 21 674 0951
Vodacom Life Assurance has appointed FRANK.Net as our administrator. Should you purchase this benefit, your personal details will be passed to our appointed administrator to process and service this benefit. Please note that your acceptance of this benefit constitutes your consent in this regard.