Vodacom / PenTravel “ Win a Trip to Zanzibar for 2”
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) & Pen Travel South Africa (Pty) Ltd are running the “Valentine’s Day Competition” (“the Competition”) on Online at Vodacom.co.za
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
Stand a chance to win a trip for 2 to Zanzibar
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom subscribers residing in South Africa and who have signed up for, or upgraded to, any 24-month contract (data or voice) on www.vodacom.co.za (the “Qualifying Contract”) from 00:01 on 07 February 2018 to 23:59 on 6 March 2018 (the “End Date”).
2. One (1) lucky entrant will stand a chance of winning a trip for two (2) to Zanzibar to the value of R28 500,00 (Twenty Eight Thousand Five Hundred Rand), VAT inclusive, to book a holiday through Pen Travel for 1 x four (4) night Zanzibar getaway at a 4 star hotel (available as part of the Pen Travel package) (the “Holiday Package”). The Holiday Package must be redeemed before 31 September 2018.
2.1. The Holiday Package includes:
2.1.1. Return Economy Class flights for travel from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, including airport taxes, with an airline included in the Holiday Package;
2.1.2. Return airport shuttle transfers to and from the airport in Zanzibar;
2.1.3. 4 nights’ accommodation at a 4 Star Hotel included in the Holiday Package for 2 adults sharing;
2.1.4. All meals are included at the hotel, including softdrinks.
2.2. The Holiday Package excludes:
2.2.1. Travel to OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg;
2.2.2. Items of a personal nature;
2.2.3. Any sightseeing and excursions that are not part of the Holiday Package;
2.2.4. Alcoholic drinks;
2.2.5. Medical and travel insurance;
2.2.6. Application fees for passport and/or a visa, if required;
2.2.7. Additional spending money;
2.2.8. Any additional extras are to be settled by the prize winner;
2.2.9. Any changes made to the itinerary by the winner which results in any costs being incurred such as change of flights, additional accommodation, etc.
3. To enter:
3.1. Qualifying entrants must sign up for, or upgrade to, any Qualifying Contract online during the Competition period.
4. Participants are allowed to enter multiple times, but only once for each Qualifying Contract.
5. This prize is non-transferrable for cash or any other prize.
6. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
7. To qualify to win any prize, entrants must be at least 18 years or older, and be in possession of a valid Passport.
7.1. The winner and his/her partner must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid SA identity document and/or a valid permanent residence permit and a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date of international travel.
7.2. The winner and his/her partner must be eligible to travel, have no criminal warrant, and/or health issues that prohibit them to travel internationally.
7.3. The partner elected to travel with the winner may not be younger than 18 years of age due to the nature of the prize.
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The winner will be randomly selected by Vodacom after the End Date from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified within ten (10) working days after he / she has been selected and verified as a winner.
10. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by Vodacom for the purpose of running the Competition only.
11. Vodacom will share the personal details of the winner and his/her partner, such as name, surname, email, ID number and contact number (local & international travel), passport number, residential address, bank statements (for international travel) with Pen Travel in order to make travel arrangements for the winner and his/her partner, and participants hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfillment.
12. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding three (3) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
13. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the number registered for the Qualifying Contract, or, in the case of a broadband contract, on the Master Account holder’s contact number registered with Vodacom.
14. The winner will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and Five (5) in the afternoon.
15. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of Five (5) normal working week days after his/her name has been drawn and verified as the winner.
16. Should a participant not be available on the contact number, as set out in paragraph 13 above, during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
17. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
18. The winner must be able to identify himself / herself, in a manner determined by Vodacom as a qualifying entrant to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
19. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
20. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vest in the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winner to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
21. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
22. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate.
23. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
24. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
25. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by Vodacom or a Vodacom approved third party service provider for the purpose of running the Competition only.
26. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
28. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
29. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
30. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
31. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the
Competition or in claiming the prize.
32. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
33. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
35. Neither Vodacom/ Pen Travel or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
36. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
37. Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
38. If Vodacom/ Pen Travel is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
39. Neither Vodacom/ Pen Travel or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from non-adherence to the rules and regulations of airline services, hotel management and other rules or laws that pertain to the country visited.
40. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these