Vodacom “Shake game” Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “Shake game” Competition (the “Competition”) where customers stand a chance of winning their share of shopping vouchers to the total value of R150 000.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to all customers from any network who are in possession of a valid South African ID, and who play the Shake game between the period of 09:00 on 14th December 2017 to 23:59 on 31st January 2018 (the “End Date”).
2. Three hundred (300) qualifying participants stand the chance to each win one (1) R500 Takealot.com voucher, as follows:
2.1. During thirty-five (35) working days (exclusive of Saturdays and Sundays) during the term of the Competition, five (5) Takealot.com vouchers per working day will be allocated, for a total of one hundred and seventy five (220) Takealot.com vouchers;
2.2. During the fourteen (14) weekend days during the term of the Competition, four (4) Takealot.com vouchers per weekend day will be allocated, for a total of fifty-six (56) Takealot.com vouchers;
2.3. Sixty nine (69) further Takealot.com vouchers will be allocated randomly during of the term of the Competition.
3. In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, qualifying participants are required to:
3.1. Enter the Competition via banners that will be displayed on Vodacom’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram platforms during the term of the Competition; and
3.2. Follow the on-screen instructions and score five (x5) goals pass Bra Shakes within 30 seconds to be eligible in the daily draw during the term of the Competition.
3.2.1. Please note that you can only win once a day.
3.3. The daily winners will be randomly drawn and the prize allocation is as per paragraph 2 above.
4. The winners will be selected by means of a daily randomised draw during the term of the Competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
5. The winners of the prizes will be sent an SMS with the Takealot.com voucher code. Should the cell phone number not be valid, the prize will be allocated to another user after two (2) working days.
6. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the prize at the time of contacting the selected winner.
7. Notwithstanding the fact the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after two (2) working days of having been notified, as per clause 5 above, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of a winner to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited.
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as a potential winner.
9. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Business accounts held by Corporates and SMEs are excluded from the Competition.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document.
11. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
12. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the data costs to upload their entry onto the mentioned platforms as stated in clause 3 above.
13. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom.
14. All the electronic vouchers from Takealot.com will be SMSed to the winners. No prizes will be delivered to a physical or postal address.
15. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
16. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
17. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant. The prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash.
18. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their images and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after having been announced as a winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
21. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition.
25. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
26. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
27. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
28. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
29. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
30. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
31. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
32. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.