Vodacom Red “XV Is Back. Ready?” Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom Red “XV Is Back. Ready?” Competition (the “Competition”) exclusively on Superbru.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs from 08h00 on 16 February 2018 to 23h59 on 5 August 2018 (the “End Date”) and is only open to Vodacom Red subscribers on the Vodacom network who are residing in South Africa and who signed up to play Superbru during the duration of the Competition.
2. Twenty one (21) lucky entrants stand a chance of each winning an LG Q6 handset valued at R3950.
3. To enter :
3.1. Entrants will have to be a part of the XV Is Back. Ready? Megapool on Superbru and remain in the pool until the End Date;
3.2. To win the weekly prize, entrants have to be the top performing qualifying Vodacom Red participant for the particular weekly round;
3.3. The weekly top performing qualifying Vodacom Red participant for a particular weekly round is determined according to Superbru’s game rules (www.superbru.com).
4. The weekly winners will be contacted via Brumail on Superbru, using the details provided in entering the Competition. Once the Brumail notification has been sent to the weekly winner, such weekly winner has fourteen (14) days to provide Superbru with the necessary contact details, failing which the prize will be forfeited.
5. Entrants’ details will be captured onto a database by the administrators of Superbru and shared with Vodacom in order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition. The administrators of Superbru shall provide the winners’ personal information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address to Vodacom, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
6. Superbru will supply the weekly winner’s contact details to Vodacom and the respective weekly winners will be notified by a Vodacom representative, within one (1) week of Vodacom receiving the winners’ contact details from Superbru, on the details of delivering the prize.
7. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
8. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
9. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
10. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
11. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
12. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
14. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. The winner will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when he/shey is notified that he/she has won.
15. A winner will not be considered for any Vodacom Rugby social media prize for 6 months from date of notification of being a winner.
16. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prizes that remain unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the end date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of any of the winners to claim their respective prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award such prize to the next qualifying winner(s).
17. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframes stipulated above or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
18. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone subscription / charges.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
21. The claim for the prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
22. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
23. The winnerss names and locations may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
24. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their images and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as the winners. Any of the winners may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
25. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
26. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
29. All prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winners’ physical addresses only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address.
30. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winners’ personal information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address, to a Vodacom approved third party (Ram Hand-to-Hand Couriers) for distribution of the prize items and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
31. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
32. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
33. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
34. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
35. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
36. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
37. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.