Vodacom “iWalk Ye Phara” Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “iWalk Ye Phara” Competition (the “Competition”) on the Vodacom Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom subscribers 18 years or older residing in South Africa and will run on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. There are two phases to the Competition:
1.1. The competition is open from 00:01 on 13 August 2018 to 23:59 on 09 September 2018 (the “First End Date”) where qualifying participants have to reply to the iWalk Ye phara “How to” video posted on Vodacom’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms by posting a video of themselves recreating the iWalk Ye Phara dance to stand a chance to win one of five (5) R1000 (one thousand Rand) Zando vouchers.
2. To enter:
2.1. Reply with a dance video (as set out in paragraph 1.1 above) in the comments section on the relevant Facebook, Instagram or Twitter post during the term of the Competition; and
2.2. Use the hashtags #iWalkYePhara and tag @Vodacom.
3. Participants are not allowed to enter multiple times.
4. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
5. To qualify to win the prize, entrants must be at least 18 years or older.
6. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
7. The five (5) winners for competition will be determined based on the most votes (likes, retweets and shares) on Vodacom’s social media platforms in question after the End Date, from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. Votes received after 23:59 on 09 September 2018 will not count towards the final decision. The verified winners will be notified within five (5) working days after they have been selected and verified as winners. .
8. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
9. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
10. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner via the contact details provided by the participant to participate in the Competition.
11. If selected as a winner, you will be contacted via Direct Message (DM) or Messenger to obtain your cellphone number and email address.
12. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
13. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the respective winners for a period of one (1) normal working week days after their name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
14. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next qualifying participant with the most votes in the Competition.
15. Only an entrant who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
16. The winner must be able to identify himself / herself, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as a qualifying entrant to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
17. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
18. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vests in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a respective winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winner to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
19. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever declines the prize, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
20. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
21. The winners’ respective names and locations will be displayed on the Vodacom website after a period of one (1) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
22. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their respective image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as a winner. The winners may decline the use of their images and/or likeness by Vodacom.
23. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
24. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service providers (Cerebra) for the purpose of running the Competition.
25. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition.
27. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address, to a Vodacom approved third party (Cerebra) for prize distribution and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
28. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
29. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions.
30. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
31. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
32. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prizes.
33. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
36. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
37. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
38. Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
39. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
40. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.