Vodacom “Tweet for 100GBs” Competition
Terms And Conditions
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs daily (normal working week days only) from 08h00 – 19h00 from 19 February 2018 to 2 March
2018 (“End Date”) and is only open to customers on the Vodacom network in South Africa.
2. Ten (10) lucky entrants stand a chance of winning one (1) of the daily one hundred 100 gigabyte prizes over the course of
the two (2) working weeks. The one hundred 100 gigabyte prize bundle -
(i) cannot be used for international roaming;
(ii) does not have an associated out-of-bundle rate. Should the customer deplete their free 100GB data bundle prize
before it expires, further data usage will be charged in accordance to the subscriber’s tariff plan/ depleted from any
other available data;
(iii) will be valid for 30 days from date of allocation;
a. there will be no carry-over of unused data on the 100GB data bundle prize after expiry;
b. customers can enjoy any other Vodacom offering in parallel (unless specifically excluded);
c. when migrating to another tariff plan/ payment type, customers will retain their 100GB data bundle prize;
3. To enter to qualify for one (1) of the one hundred (100) gigabyte weekday bundles, qualifying participants must , during the
term of the Competition, -
(i) Download the My Vodacom App;
(ii) Visit https://www.twitter.com/vodacom;
(iii) Opt-in by engaging with Vodacom by tweeting @Vodacom, the tweet should include:
a. The @Vodacom account handle;
b. A screenshot of the 100 Gig Hook-Up campaign page in the My Vodacom App;
c. The Hashtag #TweetFor100Gigs;
4. Winners will be determined based on the tweet that has the most number of retweets on the given day.
5. Should two (2) or more individuals have the same number of retweets on any given day, Vodacom reserves the rights to
randomly select a winner from the list of finalists that have an equal number of retweets.
6. The customer may delete the tweet to retract their entry in the competition
7. Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they wish. Each qualifying tweet effectively allows participants one (1)
entry per day for the duration of the Competition. Standard data rates apply when tweeting to enter the competition.
8. Entrants can create more than one tweet on a day that meets the required criteria of a valid entry, however, this will not
increase chances of winning as the winner is chosen based on the number of retweets on their post and not the number of
9. Winners are not allowed to win more than once for the duration of the Competition.
10. Winners will be contacted the following day before 12h00 by means of a direct message to the winner’s twitter account
handle, and requested to send the necessary contact details (see clause 13) in order for the prize fulfilment process to be
concluded. Should the winner not respond within one (1) working day (24 hours), from the delivery of this direct message,
Vodacom reserves the rights to award the prize to the next eligible entrant.
11. Should any participant not respond within the timeframe stipulated in clause 10 above or reject, forfeit or decline
acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be award to
the next eligible entrant.
12. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service
provider (Cerebra Communications) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
13. Winners will be required to provide Cerebra with contact details (full name, mobile number, South African ID and email
address) and entrants hereby accept and agree to this disclosure in order to effect prize fulfilment.
14. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
15. Only official entries received via official Vodacom twitter handle/page will be considered and Vodacom is not responsible
for any misdirect/redirect on twitter.
16. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary
residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
17. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions
applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively
18. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at
19. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s existing
tariff plan for data use.
20. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the
prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents,
contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the
winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
22. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other
person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the
prize shall terminate.
23. Winners will be allocated their prize, a 100GB data bundle, only once the he/she has shared his/her details, see clause
24. Vodacom and any other person or party associated with the Competition, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its
personnel involved in the Competition are relieved of obligations associated with delivery and allocation of the 100GB data
bundle once the data bundle is delivered into the winners’ twitter inbox.
25. Vodacom will not be held responsible should another party access winner’s twitter account and claim the 100GB bundle on
the winner’s behalf.
26. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
27. The winners’ names may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
28. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by
Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as
winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
29. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
30. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition
31. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the fulfilment of the Competition
32. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates
and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not
eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
33. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
34. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not
received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
35. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected prizes, 100GB data bundle allocations,
including data bundles that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical
36. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents,
contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or
damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury
suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
37. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in
legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate
effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its
associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
38. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any
irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and
will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
39. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and
conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and
Conditions shall prevail.