Vodacom “KC Soweto Derby Tickets” Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “KC Soweto Derby Tickets” Competition (the “Competition”) exclusively on the Vodacom Facebook Page.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition runs for one (1) day only from 09h00 on Tuesday, 5 February 2019 to 23h59 on 5 February 2019 (the “End Date”) and is only open to subscribers on the Vodacom network and who are residing in South Africa.
2. Thirteen (13) lucky entrants each stand a chance to win four (4) tickets each to the Kaizer Chiefs vs Orlando Pirates match at FNB Stadium, Soweto on Saturday, 9 February 2019 (“Match Day”), and kick-off is at 15h30. Winners will need to collect their tickets from a pre-determined meeting point before 12h00 on Friday, 8 February 2019, once contacted by Vodacom on Facebook messages inbox, and all travel arrangements to collect tickets and to the event are for the personal accounts of the respective winners.
3. To enter, entrants will have to:
3.1. During the Competition period and before the End Date, comment on the Vodacom competition Facebook post to automatically go into the draw to stand a chance to WIN in the Competition.
4. The Competition is only open to qualifying Vodacom subscribers.
5. Vodacom will randomly select winners by means of an electronic randomiser after the End Datefor the duration of the Competition until all prizes have been allocated, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
6. If selected as a winner, entrants must send the requested contact details within two (2) hours of being contacted by Vodacom via private message on Facebook.
7. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
8. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
9. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
10. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on: https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions
11. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent/guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
12. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
14. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or parties associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when they are notified that they have won.
15. A winner cannot and will not be considered for any Vodacom Soccer USSD prize for 6 months.
16. The Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
17. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided in response to the direct message on Twitter during the timeframe stipulated (refer clause 6 above), or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of a particular winner to claim the prize on Match Day (refer clauses 2 and 6 above), that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
18. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone subscription/charges.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
21. The claim for the prizes will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
22. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
23. The winners’ names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners, or on Vodacom Soccer USSD *117*177#.
24. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
25. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
26. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
29. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
30. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
31. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
32. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
33. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
35. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.