Soweto Derby Red Experience
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) and Kaizer Chiefs Football Club (“Kaizer Chiefs”) are running the Soweto Derby Red Experience Competition (the “Competition”) where Vodacom Red customers stand a chance of winning an exclusive Vodacom Soccer lifestyle experience held at Fourways Farmers Market on Saturday, 9 February 2019. Winners will be required to make their own travel arrangements to and from the event.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is only open to Vodacom Red subscribers residing in South Africa and runs from 08h00 on 25 January 2019 to 23h59 on 1 February 2019 (the “End Date”).
2. Qualifying Vodacom Red subscribers stand a chance of winning the Soweto Derby Red Experience (the “Prize”):
2.1. Two hundred (200) qualifying Vodacom Red clients each stand a chance to win one (1) set of double tickets to the exclusive Soweto Derby Red Experience held at Fourways Farmers Market on Saturday, 9 February 2019 from 13h00 until 19h00. Winners will be required to make their own travel arrangements to and from the Event.
2.1.1. The Prize includes the following:
184.108.40.206. One event ticket each for the winner and one qualifying partner;
220.127.116.11. Limited Food and beverages;
18.104.22.168. One (1) gift and/or promotional item per winner at Vodacom’s discretion;
2.1.2. The Prize excludes the following:
22.214.171.124. Any travel to and from the venue;
126.96.36.199. Any other costs incurred by the Prize winner in entering or claiming the Prize;
188.8.131.52. Additional food and beverages can be purchased on the day.
184.108.40.206. Partners do not receive any gifts.
2.1.3. Winners are not allowed to bring their own additional food and/or beverages, including but not limited to alcoholic beverages.
2.1.4. Winners as well as their partners who accompany winners to the event must also be older than 18 years of age. No persons under the age of 18 will be given access to the event.
2.1.5. No additional guests will be given access to the event. Access is limited to the winner and a qualifying partner.
2.1.6. A valid South African Identification document is required to be provided by the winner and his/her qualifying partner on the day of the event to gain access to the event. Failure to provide a valid South African Identification document will result in access being denied to the event.
2.1.7. Winners and their qualifying partners will be not be allowed access to the event after 16h00. All winners and qualifying partners need to arrive prior to 16h00.
2.1.8. Vodacom reserves the right of admission at the event.
3. Qualifying entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Competition when –
3.1. Signing up to the Vodacom Red Reward page on www.redawards.co.za;
3.2. Selecting the Soweto Derby Red Experience Red Reward;
3.3. Completing their details in the information box;
3.4. Submitting their entry form by clicking on the submit button; during the term of the Competition.
4. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older.
5. The winners will be randomly selected by means of a random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
6. Qualifying entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Competition as a valid Vodacom Red customer once the entry requirements in clause 3 above has been met.
7. The winners of the Competition will be informed of where and how to accept their prize. The winners should be reachable, using the cell phone number provided to participate in the Competition, for a period of 48 hours after the randomised draw.
8. This Competition is exclusive to Vodacom Red accounts holders: the Vodacom Red account must be fully paid up to date and in good standing. This will be verified by Vodacom before potential winners are contacted. Entries received from Vodacom Red business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
9. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations regarding the Competition shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the Prize at the time of contacting the selected winners.
10. Notwithstanding the fact the Prize vests in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the dates stipulated in clause 7 above, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited.
11. Each qualifying submission as stipulated in clause 3 above constitutes one (1) entry into the Competition. Only one submission is allowed per Vodacom Red customer.
12. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
13. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
14. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prize.
15. The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying Vodacom Red contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win any of the Red Reward Prizes.
16. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
17. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Openfield Marketing) for running the Competition only.
18. Vodacom will share personal details of winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved agency (Openfield Marketing) who will notify the winner that he/she has won a Prize in the Competition and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to affect the Prize fulfilment.
19. Openfield Marketing (“Openfield”) will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Openfield shall attempt to contact the winner as stipulated in clause 7 in these Terms and Conditions.
20. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the Prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the Prize to the next selected entrant.
21. The claim for a Prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the Prize and such prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
22. If a winner cannot accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, such prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant. The Prizes may not be transferred or redeemed for cash.
23. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any Prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
24. If the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract / existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract / existing qualifying contract.
25. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
26. Vodacom shall request each winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after having been announced as a winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
27. No prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
28. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the Prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
31. Vodacom reserves the right to send any winner home at any time should either the behaviour or language of such winner, at the discretion of Vodacom, be deemed inappropriate. Inappropriate behaviour or language is inclusive of, but not limited to racial, gender, cultural, or religious offence.
33. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
34. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
35. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
36. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
37. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Competition or for any loss or damage, death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
38. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
39. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of, or as a whole, the Competition or to terminate the Competition as a result of changes in legislation, or for any other reason whatsoever, Vodacom will have the right to terminate the Competition with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
40. If as a result of any event outside the control of Vodacom for any other reason whatsoever, including but not limited to conduct or an omission by a third party supplier, contractor or sponsor, Vodacom is required to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition, or terminate the Competition as a whole, Vodacom will have the right to alter and/or terminate the Competition, including the prizes offered in the Competition, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
41. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify the participant that they are rejected.
42. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.