The NXT LVL TV Show
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) in partnership with Rocka stable (“the Music Giants”) DJ Euphonik, Dj Zinhle, Danny K, Riky Rick and Big Nuz will run the Vodacom NXT LVL TV Show (“the Programme”), to find talented men and women between the ages of 18 and 24 years with promising music skills. Five (5) selected participants will stand a chance to be mentored by the 5 music giants from the Rocka stable and the winning contestant(s) will qualify for a grand prize worth 1 million Rand.
All participants are entered in by themselves on the Vodacom NXT LVL App, and during the term of the Programme the participants are bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The Programme runs from 8 May 2017 to 12 November 2017, and runs over two (2) phases as per the schedule below:
I. Phase 1 - Register, record and upload from 8 May 2017 to 15 June 2017:
2. Participants are only allowed to take part in the programme if they –
i. are between the ages of eight-teen (18) years and twenty-four (24) years old, at the time of the commencement of the Programme;
ii. Are in possession of a valid South African passport, birth certificate, ID document or valid permanent residence permit. Proof of age will be required before any participant will be allowed to qualify to proceed to the next phase.
3. To enter:
i. Registration can be completed by the qualifying participant, by visiting the Vodacom NXT LVL App to access the online registration form;
ii. The registration form must be completed in full, -
a. Downloading the My Vodacom App and registering for Vodacom NXT LVL; and
b. Then click the talent search banner / option to redirect to the platform to create profile and accept Terms and Conditions then submit;
c. While the profile approval is pending customer can upload their entry;
d. Once the profile and entry have both been approved then they will become published;
iii. Participants can register via USSD to qualify to upload onto the App at any one of the ten (10) national activation events held on university campuses and youth corridors, from 8 May 2017 to 15 June 2017:
a. The list of the venues for the national activations is available on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za.
b. At the national activation events, qualifying participants will be assisted with the making of the recording and the registration and uploading of the entry on their Vodacom NXT LVL App. Only one entry per qualifying participant may be uploaded.
c. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any costs, loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, arising from attendance at the activation.
iv. Qualifying participants, whether attendees of the national activation events or not, have to upload a video clip to showcase the music skills, from 09h00 on 8 May 2017 to 23h59 on 15 June 2017.
v. Video clips are restricted to a maximum length of 45 seconds and limited to 10MB in size in one of the following formats: *.mp4, or *.mp3.
vi. Qualifying participants are allowed to upload only one video clip, and video clips may be substituted once uploaded.
vii. Data charges as per the user’s network provider and existing price plan.
viii. The qualifying participant will be required to use a mobile data device in order to upload the required video clip, entrant is required to use a SIM card that has been RICA registered. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
ix. Vodacom and Mondia Media reserves the right at its sole discretion to disregard and disqualify a video clip, which it believes is offensive, inappropriate, discriminatory or disrespectful.
x. By submitting a video clip of a participant, the qualifying participant understand and agree that the image or likeness of the qualifying participant will be accessible to the general public on the Vodacom NXT LVL App, www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za, and also on Facebook, Twitter if shared by consumers.
xi. Vodacom cannot be held liable for the quality or success of entry being uploaded. It is the responsibility of the qualifying participant to ensure that a video clip was successfully uploaded and that the registration form was completed in full.
xii. Qualifying participants agree that the uploaded videos become the exclusive property, including all intellectual property rights, of Vodacom, and that Vodacom may use such videos, without compensation, for promotional activities relating to, or resulting from, the Programme.
II. Phase 2: Voting from 8 May 2017 to 15 June 2017:
4. During phase 2, members of the public have the opportunity vote for the best participants in terms of their skills as seen in the uploaded videos, using the following:
i. My Vodacom APP;
ii. Vodacom NXT LVL App;
5. A member of the public, including a qualifying participant, may only vote once for a particular qualifying participant. A member of the public, including a qualifying participant, may vote for as many qualifying participants as he / she wishes to.
6. The public voting will determine the top two hundred (200) entries.
7. Thereafter, one of the five Music Giants, in consultation with a panel of four (4) other music specialists (Urban Brew, Rocka) and Vodacom, will determine the Top 20 qualifying participants who will undergo the following vetting process:
i. Face to face / digital interview with a representative of the panel
ii. Personality test/ Psychometric test
8. The Top 5 finalists, once verified, will be notified within 5 working days after them being selected and verified as finalists.
9. Vodacom and Urban Brew will use reasonable efforts to contact finalists telephonically on the contact details provided when the participants were entered in the Programme.
10. Vodacom shall attempt to contact finalists for a period of 2 (two) normal working week days after their names have been selected and verified as finalists.
11. Should the finalists not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance taking part in the show, that person's right show will be deemed to have been waived and will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then the next qualifying participant, at the sole discretion of the Urban Brew.
12. Each finalist must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Programme and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the opportunity to take part.
13. If a participant is selected as one of the Top 5 participants, such selection will be subject to security and validation checks and the finalists will be required to produce –
i. a certified copy of the valid South African passport, birth certificate, ID document or valid permanent residence permit;
failing which the finalist will forfeit their spot and it will be awarded to the next selected qualifying participant, at the sole discretion of the Urban Brew.
14. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any spot until it is satisfied that the claim by the finalist is valid
15. The names and locations of the finalists will be displayed on Vodacom NXT LVL App and www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za by 17 July 2017, after the Top 5 finalists have been settled.
III. Phase 3: The NXT LVL TV Show:
16. After 9 weeks of small and big challenges the participants will be placed in rankings by the viewers’ votes.
17. The winning participant(s) will qualify for a grand prize, valued at R1 million.
i. One car
ii. R100 000 in cash
iii. PR Manager valued at R225 000
iv. Entertainment Lawyer (2-3 sessions) R25 000
v. Clothes R100 000
vi. Studio session R100 000
vii. Music video R150 000
18. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
19. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Programme as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. Winners will be advised on travel arrangements, where applicable, when they are notified that they have won.
20. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the respective winners have not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winners, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
21. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
22. If a winner misses his / her flight, the person is responsible for all costs should they remedy this. Vodacom is not liable for any perceived loss of value on the prize and are not required to reimburse the winner in any way.
23. All the information provided or related to this Programme shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Urban Brew, Mondia Media, Media Mark) for the purpose of running the Programme only.
24. To enter, participants must successfully register and present all the required documentation.
25. Only registered participants / entries received during the Programme period will qualify as potential winners.
26. The selected finalists must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Programme and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
27. The Programme is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
28. Vodacom will share personal details of the TV Show finalists, such as name, surname, email, ID number and contact number, residential address, with Vodacom approved agencies (Urban Brew, Rocka and Kagiso Media) in order to make the necessary arrangements for awarding the respective prizes awarded in the Programme, and winners hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
29. There are no additional charges for participating in the Programme, but data charges as per the user’s mobile network provider and existing tariff plan apply for data usage.
30. Notwithstanding the fact the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the confirmed date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Programme will be forfeited.
31. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
32. Vodacom shall request the finalists’ and winning team members’ consent, in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Programme for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners.
33. The panels’ decision on any aspect of the Programme including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. The selection of winners, and the allocation of prizes, during the duration of the Programme will be validated by a registered and independent firm of auditors, Deloitte Southern Africa.
35. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Programme and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. User data collected via the Programme will not be used for any other purpose than for the Programme only.
38. Vodacom approved agencies and / or entities will have access to the collected information limited to their respective mandates as set out in these terms and conditions:
I. Kagiso Media as represented by Urban Brew and Media Mark.
II. Urban Brew based in Randburg (Gauteng), is responsible for running and overseeing the The Programme and will be responsible for production;
III. Media mark will be fulfilling the project management role;
IV. Rocka will be providing the Music Giants and Rocka merchandise;.
V. Mondia Media will be facilitating creation and management of platform thus having access to consumer information
39. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Programme are not eligible to participate in this Programme.
40. The duration of the Programme may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
41. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / prize redemption process of the Programme.
42. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Programme or in claiming the prize.
43. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Programme or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
44. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
45. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Programme or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Programme being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
46. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
47. All information relating to the Programme which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.