Vodacom NXT LVL / Student Village – “Make it 20-Mnandi” Social media promotion
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the “Make it 20-Mnandi promotion (“the campaign”) where 4 selected customers who participate in the campaign on Facebook and Twitter between 01 January and 31 March 2019 as stated below will get a cash prize of R25 000 towards reaching their NXT LVL.
All participants during the term of the Campaign agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Campaign is open to all Vodacom NXT LVL registered customers who successfully participate in the campaign by submitting their comments on Facebook and Twitter in response to the Student Village #20-Mandi posts before 31 March 2019.
2. The participant must be younger than 25 years old and be registered on the Vodacom NXT LVL platform in order to qualify.
3. Prize: 4 winners will each receive R25 000 in cash in total – VAT inclusive. Prize money will be paid into a valid Bank account as appointed by the winner, upon provision of a recent bank statement that confirms account details.
4. The entries will be shortlisted by a panel of judges representing Vodacom and Student village. The shortlist will be comprised of 50 Facebook entries and 50 Twitter entries. Entries will be shortlisted based on quality and relevance of the comments. Comments need to demonstrate how participants will achieve their goals in 2019. These shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed either telephonically or face to face (based on location) by the judging panel. Interviews will be completed by 10 April. The 4 top entries as determined by the panel of judges, will then be notified within seven (7) working days of final interviews.
5. The winners of the prize will be notified that they have been selected for the prize stated above before 10 April 2019. The winners should be reachable, using the cell phone number registered to participate in the campaign, for a period of 24 hours after the draw date.
6. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the campaign as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
7. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vests on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the date stipulated in clause 5 above, or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize, despite having been advised of the results of the campaign, will be forfeited.
8. Only entries received during the campaign period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The campaign is only open to natural persons under the age of 25 years who are registered on the Vodacom NXT LVL platform. Business accounts held by Corporates and SMEs are excluded from the campaign.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document.
11. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the campaign and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
12. There are no additional charges for participating in the campaign apart from the cost to purchase the Data bundles on the *128# USSD platform..
13. All the information provided or related to this Campaign shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom and Student Village only.
14. Vodacom and Student Village will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Campaign.
15. Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated, or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected qualifying entrant.
16. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
17. If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant. The prize may not be transferred.
18. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to participate in the Campaign. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Vodacom shall request each winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Campaign for a period of 12 (twelve) months after having been announced as a winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
21. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Campaign including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. User data collected via the Campaign will not be used for any other purpose than for the Campaign.
24. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Campaign are not eligible to participate in this Campaign.
25. The duration of the Campaign may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
26. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Campaign.
27. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Campaign or in claiming the prize.
28. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
29. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Campaign or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Campaign being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
30. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
31. All information relating to the Campaign which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.