Huawei Vodafone Snap A Trip To Dubai Competition
Terms And Conditions
1. This promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Huawei Technologies South Africa (Pty) Ltd (hereafter referred to as “Huawei”), including its affiliates, partners, associates and agents together with Vodafone Group PLC and Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (collectively referred to as “Vodacom”), including its affiliates, partners, associates and agents (hereafter referred to collectively as the “Organisers”).
2. The Competition is open for entry to all South African residents above the age of 21 (twenty-one) years old with a valid South African Identity Document and in possession of a valid South African Passport, except employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families (“Qualifying Person/s”). The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity.
3. This Competition will run between 7 August 2018 and 6 November 2018, both dates inclusive (the “Competition Period”).
4. Any Qualifying Person who purchases the Huawei P20 Pro (“P20 Pro”) (either in cash, by taking out a new contract with Vodacom or renewing an existing contract with Vodacom or at a Vodacom outlet) during the Competition Period, will receive an automatic entry into the Competition.
5. 1 (one) lucky Qualifying Person that has purchased a Huawei P20 Pro Smartphone during the Competition Period (either in cash, by taking out a new contract with Vodacom or renewing an existing contract with Vodacom or at a Vodacom outlet) will be selected as the winner (the “Competition Winner”). The Competition Winner will be entitled to invite 1 (one) guest over the age of 21 to accompany them on the trip to Dubai.
6. By entering the Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers decision regarding any issue(s) will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. The Winner of the Competition will receive the following –
Roundtrip economy flights for the Competition Winner and their chosen guest, including airport taxes;
Transfers to and from the airport and hotel included (this only applies to Johannesburg or Cape Town residents, and travel to and from Johannesburg or Cape Town are for the winner’s own account);
4 nights at the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai, with breakfast each morning (in a suite);
Access to a private butler during your stay at the Hotel;
Access to Burj Al Arab Jumeirah exclusive private pools & beaches;
Access to Wild Wadi Waterpark; and
All expenses and activities not expressly listed above are for the winner’s own account.
2. The prizes are not exchangeable for cash and will not be transferable or negotiable.
3. The prize is valid for 9 (nine) months but excludes travel over the Christmas and New Year period and during /over public holidays.
4. The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
1. Qualifying Persons are automatically entered into the Competition if they purchase any
Huawei P20 Pro Smartphone during the Competition Period (either in cash, by taking out a new contract with Vodacom or renewing an existing contract with Vodacom or at a Vodacom outlet)
2. Once the Huawei P20 Pro Smartphone is activated, the Huawei cloud team will be notified of the qualifying IMEI numbers. Huawei will then send a weekly system generated message by push notification to each of the qualifying IMEI numbers advising the owner of that IMEI number that they have been automatically entered into the Competition.
3. All the qualifying IMEI numbers will be held by Huawei in a secure repository during the Competition Period. After the Competition Period, a random IMEI number will be randomly selected as the Winner of the Competition. This random draw will happen on or before 16 October 2018.
4. The system generated message notifying the Competition Winner will be sent after the draw date.
5. Within 3 (three) business days from the date of the random draw, the Competition Winner will be contacted by Huawei to provide contact details and verify that he/she is a Qualifying Person.
General Terms and Conditions (Huawei)
1. The Competition’s rules are on the Huawei Facebook page.
2. Personal Information about the Competition Winner will be shared with the Organisers of the Competition and their agents to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the Competition Winner. The Organisers will communicate with the Competition Winner via email as the preferred method of communication, and, telephonically or SMS as a secondary means, if required. Huawei reserves the right to contact the Competition Winner at all reasonable times, as and when required.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative Competition Winner in the event that they believe, in their sole discretion, that the Competition Winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions, tampered with the Competition, provided false or misleading information or statements that violate the law or are in contravention of the rights of any third parties. The Organisers decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. By accepting these terms and conditions, the Competition Winner agrees that the Organisers may but will not be obliged to publish the Competition Winners name, surname and images, including photographs, amongst other things, on the Organisers Social Media Platforms without any liability accruing to the Organisers or remuneration due to the Winner.
5. The Competition, its prize, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the Competition and will be applied and interpreted in the sole discretion of the Organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and/or prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Organisers. No participants shall have any recourse against the Organisers as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and/or a prize.
6. The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition for technical or commercial or operational reasons or for the greater public good or due to a “force majeure” event or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
7. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and/or terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Organisers for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on Facebook. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
8. All participants and the Competition Winner indemnify the Organisers, its associated and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way whatsoever in this Competition, save for any direct loss arising as a result of the Organiser’s gross negligence.
9. South African laws shall govern these Competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
10. The entrant confirms that he/she understands the contents, effect and consequences of all the clauses, terms and conditions, has no objections thereto and by entering the competition agrees to be bound by same as
Specific Terms and Conditions (DJP)
1 The Competition Winner and the guest of the Competition Winner must be over the age of 21 (twenty-one) and in possession of a valid 5 year passport which must have a minimum of 90 days validity (at the time the competition is awarded).
2 The Competition Winner must provide
2.1 their proof of purchase or copy of their valid Vodacom contract which shows that the Huawei P20 Pro Smartphone was purchased during the Competition Period; and
2.2 a copy of their passport to ensure names are spelled correctly and the validity of their passports.
3 The Competition Winner must give at least 60 days' notice prior to their requested departure date.
4 All prizes are non-transferable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable (due to force majeure or prize not being suitable for the Winners, etc).
5 The trip to Dubai is subject to availability and blackout dates will apply. Blackout dates include peak Christmas to New Year and over public holidays.
6 The Competition Winner must go within 9 months of winning their trip to Dubai. The Competition Winner will be requested to provide three separate dates of preferred travel and the Organisers will work towards fulfilling at least one of the Competition Winner’s preferred dates of travel. If the Competition Winner does not travel within 9 months, the Competition Prize will become null and void.
7 Unless otherwise stated in the package, all other costs are the responsibility of the Competition Winner. This includes transfer costs to one of the international airports located in South Africa if the Competition Winner does not reside within the area of Johannesburg or Cape Town.
8 Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those traveling are not changeable without incurring extra fees and may not be possible if a non-refundable or non-changeable ticket has been purchased.
9 The Competition Winner must sign a legal acceptance form provided by the Organisers prior to departure as standard procedure.
10 Nothing in this travel package authorizes any person to use the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and its affiliated companies name, brand, intellectual property, characters or reputation in conjunction with this travel package or any prize promotions whatsoever.
11 The Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and each of their respective parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of the travel package, competition, contest or sweepstakes.