Vodacom “Blackberry Key2 LE Vodaworld” Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “Blackberry Key2 LE Vodaworld” Competition (the “Competition”) where customers purchase a Blackberry Key2 LE and is entitled to a R10 000.00 (Ten Thousand Rand) British Airways International flight voucher.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to all that receive a flight voucher in their Blackberry Key2 LE device box during the promotional period. The campaign runs from 00h00 on 8 December 2018 (the “start date”) to 23h59 on 30th April 2019 (the “End Date”).
2. All travel needs to be booked by 23h59 on 30th April 2019.
3. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
4. All Reward flight vouchers are governed by the relevant terms and conditions supplied by British Airways.
5. The Flight Reward entitles the Participant to a R10 000 (Ten Thousand Rand) voucher towards a British Airways international flight.
6. Flights may be booked to any international destination on the British Airways airline only.
7. The qualifying customer will be required call the number found on their flight voucher found in the box and quote the unique pin code in order to redeem the reward.
8. Once the qualifying consumer has completed step 7, they will be sent a Participant Reward Redemption Form.
9. The Participant Reward Redemption Form must be completed and emailed back to the email address provided as a pre-requisite for the Reward to be claimed accompanied with a copy of the passengers ID and/or Passport. Reward Redemption Forms that are not received by 31 March 2019 will not be considered and the reward will be forfeited.
10. In the case when using 1 [one] voucher to book for more than 1 [one] person, all flights need to be taken simultaneously, with all passengers, flying to the same destination, on the same flight. Flights cannot be split across multiple flight routes, dates or people. One of the travellers must be the purchaser of the product.
11. A voucher may only be used once.
12. Flights are subject to limited availability. In the event that dates requested are not available, the Participant will be required to provide alternative dates.
13. Any additional charges over and above the value of the Participant’s voucher, or arising from additional passengers will be for the Participant’s own account.
14. Should the full value of the voucher not be used for the booking, the Participant will forfeit the remaining value of the voucher.
15. There will be an R300.00 (ex VAT) per ticket travel booking fee added to each booking.
16. Cancellations or flight changes after confirmation of booking will not be permitted.
17. The Organizer and its agencies cannot be held liable for any changes to flight schedules, routes and destinations or loss of baggage.
18. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
19. Children under 16 (sixteen) years cannot travel unaccompanied. For persons between the ages of 16 (sixteen) and 21 (twenty one), parental/ guardian approval may be requested.
20. The Participant will be required to have a valid passport and visa where required.
21. Passport and Visa’s must be arranged by the Participant and all costs will be for the Participant’s own expense. Vodacom, BlackBerry nor its agencies, cannot be held liable for visas or passports that are declined.
22. Participants will receive one R10 000 (Ten Thousand Rand) British Airways International travel voucher per voucher on purchase of a Blackberry Key2 LE device.
23. Items of a personal nature
24. Travel to and from any venues
25. Any sightseeing and excursions that are not part of the Holiday Package
26. Daily drinks and meals (other than breakfast at the hotel)
27. Medical and travel insurance
28. Application fees for passport and/or a visa, if required
29. Additional spending money
30. Any additional extras are to be settled by the prize Participant
31. Any changes made to the itinerary by the Participant which results in any costs being incurred such as change of flights, additional accommodation, etc.)
32. Anything other than the cost of the flight up to a maximum value of Ten Thousand Rand.
33. Participant purchases a participating Blackberry Key2 LE handset from Vodaworld Midrand Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa during the Promotion Period.
34. The Participant will receives a printed voucher within the box of the purchased handset.
35. The Participant must call the concierge service number and quote the unique Reward Pin Code found on the voucher to make their flight booking.
36. The Participant will be sent a Flight Reward Redemption Form to complete and send back
37. Once the Flight Reward Redemption Form is sent back, a British Airways digital pin code and number to call will be SMSed to the Participant.
38. The Participant will be required to book directly with the kulula work head office (on the number provided). Bookings cannot be made online or through an alternative source. Prices reflected on any website or marketing material may differ to the costs provided when making the booking.
39. Once the flight booking is confirmed, the Participant will receive the booking confirmation via email to use as proof when flying.
40. The Promoter may refuse to award the reward to a Participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
41. The Promoter reserves the right to request, which the Participants have the right to decline, that images taken of the Participants be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the Participant.
42. All bookings must be completed by the 30 April 2019.
43. All travel must be completed by 31st December 2019.
44. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
45. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
46. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
47. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
48. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
49. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the Participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
50. The Participant and his/her partner must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid SA identity document and/or a valid permanent residence permit and a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date of international travel.
51. The Participant and his/her partner must be eligible to travel, have no criminal warrant, and/or health issues that prohibit them to travel internationally.
52. The partner elected to travel with the Participant may not be younger than 18 years of age due to the nature of the prize.
53. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
54. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom.
55. The claim for any prize will be subject to security and validation, and Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular Participant is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, in order to claim any prizes, failing which such Participant will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
56. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a particular Participant has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the Participant, or no effort is made on the part of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, such prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
57. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
58. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
59. If a Participant cannot accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will not be awarded to the next selected entrant.
60. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
61. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
63. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
64. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
65. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
66. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any Participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
67. Vodacom and/or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
68. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
69. Vodacom, its directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees or undertakings given by any person other than Vodacom itself.
70. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
71. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
72. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: