General Terms and Conditions
Voluntary Call Limit Terms and Conditions
- Call/Data Limit locking is not guaranteed from a technical point of view and should be used as guidelines to manage spend on your account. If for any reason the limit is not implemented, you are still liable to pay for usage on the account.
- Bundle tariffs for both calls and data do not cover SMS/general services and international calls. These charges will impact the limit you set and access to your FREE minutes can be affected for that month. However, you will carry over your FREE minutes in line with the current bundle rules.
- There is a minimum threshold for certain limits on bundle tariffs, starting at R50.00
- Prior to reaching the limit, you will receive 3 SMS notifications informing you when the 50%, 75% and 90% thresholds of the limit have been reached
- Due to the nature of post-paid billing, usage does not update in real-time. Your recent usage can be delayed which would therefore impact the implementation of the call limit and allow it to be exceeded. It is still your responsibility to manage the usage on your account even though a limit is put in place.
- Once the limit is actioned, your line will be barred for all outgoing calls, SMS and data connections, except to emergency 112 and Vodacom customer care 135 for the remainder of the month. However, should the threshold be reached during a voice call or data download, the locking will only be implemented after that interaction is complete and you remain liable for the charges incurred.
- The automatic unlocking of the line will take place on the 1st of the following month.
- Call/Data Limits are also not implemented while roaming outside of South Africa due to the time delays in billing records.
Mandatory Call Limit Terms and Conditions
Mandatory call limit on cellphone number
- In order to protect you from any surprises in your Vodacom bill, all new Vodacom Service Provider Company (Pty) Ltd subscribers are subject to a monthly mandatory call limit for the first seven (7) months of your contract period. The removal of the call limit may be possible after seven (7) months depending on assessment of the customers’ overall credit profile in relation to his/her performance pertaining to their financial obligations. If the account is already seven months old and an additional line is added onto the account, the limit will remain on for a minimum of four (4) months. If the account is less than seven months old and an additional line is added to the account, the limit will remain on until the account age is seven months old and the limit has been active for at least four months.
- The call limit is prescribed by Vodacom Service Provider Company (Pty) Ltd and is set on the usage on your cell phone number e.g. calls, data and SMS only.
- You will receive threshold SMS notifications once your usage has reached the 50%, 70% & 90% mark.
- Once your call limit has been reached, you will not be able to make calls, send SMSs or use data until the start of the new month. You will however still be able to receive calls and SMSs during this time and make calls to the 112 Emergency Services and 082 135 Vodacom Customer Care
- If you are consistently exceeding your limit, you may want to consider migrating to a higher tariff. Note: you may only migrate your tariff after a period of seven (7) months
- The call limit is not a guaranteed service and you will remain liable for all charges incurred, whether in excess of the limit set or not.
Mandatory account limit
- All new Vodacom Service Provider Company(Pty) Ltd customers are subject to a mandatory account limit
- The account limit is prescribed by Vodacom Service Provider Company (Pty) Ltd and is set on the usage on your account (including the usage of all cell phone numbers linked to your account).
- An account limit will remain unchanged for a period of six (6) months where the limit will be adjusted on a monthly basis according to your overall credit record
- You will receive threshold SMS notifications once your usage has reached the 50%, 70% & 90% mark
- Once your account limit has been reached, you will not be able to make calls or send SMSs until the start of the new month or a payment is received. You will still be able to receive calls and SMSs during this time and make calls to the 112 Emergency Services and 082 135 Vodacom Customer Care.
- The call limit is not a guaranteed service and you will remain liable for all charges incurred, whether in excess of the limit set or not